My Official Website

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Story of the Month - September 2012


Divine Intervention


 When I was a teenager, my father died of  lung cancer.  My sister was 15 years old, I was 16 years old and my brother was 17 years old.  In 1964 we did not have Medicare, so my father died at home after a long 6-7 months of agony.  My mother was about 50 years old. By the time my father died she looked like an 80 year old woman to me.  Before my father died, my mother got on her knees and told the Lord she couldn't take it anymore.  My mother had a lot of faith, was always reading her bible and praying.  When my mother got off her knees she felt as if 100 lbs were lifted off her shoulders.  Within weeks my father passed away.  She knew that the Lord was with her, my brother, sister and myself. 

About 6 months after my father died my mother went to a physician to check on a lump she had under her ear.  She had that lump for years.  A woman my mother knew (a woman who was considerably younger than herself) also had a lump under her ear.  This woman had a much smaller lump and when they operated on that woman she was paralyzed on one side of her body, from her face down to her feet.  When our physician sent my mother to the surgeon he wanted to operate immediately.  My mother was so worn out and exhausted by the time my father died that this next trial seemed impossible to bear. The surgeon told her that she had a 50% chance of being paralyzed on one side of her body, a 48% chance of dying, and a 2% chance of her face being normal.  She asked the Lord that if He was not going to heal her, would He take her home to be with Him.  She knew that the prayer was a selfish one, but at the time she was so discouraged and so tired.   She had the surgery and when she woke up the surgeon informed her that everything was normal, all she had was a crooked smile.  The surgeon  said to my mother "There must be a God or a higher power, because even with all my expertise and experience, the lump was right on the nerve.  Without divine intervention, you would have been paralyzed" The lump was benign.

God is so faithful. 
- Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment